- Once you’ve obtained a pre-approval letter from a lender, we will arrange a date to see homes. Agents’ schedules fills up fast, especially during peak months, so we will plan ahead.
- Let us know the addresses of homes you wish to see – at least 24 hours in advance.
- We will map efficient routes, create a schedule, request showings, and receive confirmations and home entrance information. We will print out the MLS listing information and public records information for each home and give you a copy to keep.
- Sometimes clients ride in an agent’s car, other times we meet at the homes we will see. Frequently, many local clients drive on their own. Often, out of state clients ride with an agent.
- Wear comfortable shoes that are easy to slip off and on at each home.
- Most clients can usually tolerate seeing about 5-6 homes in a day. However for out-of-state buyers, we will often try see up to 10 homes in a day to make the most of the time they are in town.
- Most buyers feel satisfied seeing each home for about 15-30 minutes. If the home is a potential candidate for purchase, we may spend longer in the home.
- As a general rule, it’s easiest on home buyers not have younger children accompany them to showings.
- If children must join in on the home search, prepare them to hold a parent’s hand the entire time we are in a seller’s home.